Saturday, February 12, 2011

Slow and steady, but I wish I was faster...

Here is a short and sweet post for ya.

So far this has been a good week. At WW on Thursday I was down .8, so thats good. I am still at a plateau that I can't really get past, but I will keep trying!

Wednesday I ran 3.4 mile on the treadmill after work. Good work out. I wish I was faster.

Today I ran 4 miles with Erika outside. It was a great run. The sun was out and it was a beautiful winter day. Not too cold. Fabulous. Erika kicked my ass pretty much. I ran the first 3.26 miles without stopping. I was then allowed to walk for .10 miles, and then finished up the run. We ran at about a 12 min mile pace. I wish I was faster.

Here is me, driving home after my run :)


I am thinking that I will just keep working on my endurance, and being able to go longer distances consistently. And as I get better at that, I will start to research what I can do to work on my speed. I dont want to be speedy gonzales. But running a consistent 9 or 10 min mile would be SWEET. I know 7 min miles are not in my future haha.

And now I leave you with a picture of me and hercules :)

1 comment:

  1. I am so very proud of you and all of your hard work! Speed comes with time and speed work! You'll get there, I promise:)

    ReplyDelete