Wednesday, July 27, 2011

I cant believe I forgot to take a picture!

Another delicious meal of my creating has come and gone, and I forgot to take a picture.

Last week sometime Shane and I saw an Applebees commercial, and thought that these looked absolutely DELICIOUS

I decided right then that I would attempt to make a weight watchers friendly version of this. And tonight, I was successful. I think I made Shane love me even more tonight muahhahahaha.

Mozzarella Stuffed Turkey Meatballs
1 package ground turkey (93/7 or 85/15)
1/4 breadcrumbs
1 egg
seasonings (I used garlic powder, dried basil, salt, pepper and a little red pepper flake)
3 light string cheeses (cut into 8 pieces each. you will have pieces left)

Mix ground turkey, breadcrumbs, egg and seasonings. Separate into 18 1 ounce portions. Roll meatball with one piece of string cheese in the middle of it. Bake at 400 for about 25 min or so.

these meatballs are 2 points a meatball!

I ate mine with 1 cup of whole wheat pasta (4 pts), and 1/4 cup of Alfredo sauce (3 pts), and 4 meatballs.

A total of 14 pts. Now, sure, that is high for one meal. But for meatballs, alfredo and pasta? yum, heck yes.

The original dish from Applebees is 41 points for the whole thing.

Thank you for the applause. Fabulous, I know....!


No comments:

Post a Comment