Sunday, July 31, 2011

9 miles in the books!!!!

Today I set my run up so I would run three miles, three times hehe.. The idea of trying to run a 9 mile loop was overwhelming, and since I am not good at carrying stuff with me, I knew it would not work bc I would not have water or fuel.

So I decided I would run a few of my fave go to three mile runs. And it was one of the best decisions I have made.

(My neck looks creepy here...)
Here are the splits:
Mile 1 10:40
Mile 2 10:56
Mile 3 11.09
Mile 4 12:43 (included walking .1 mile while drinking water and eating half a chocolate gu)
Mile 5 11:22
Mile 6 11:30
Mile 7 12.38 (another .1 mile walk and gu/water break)
Mile 8 12:03
Mile 9 11:38
Total of 01:44:44

Here was the playlist:
Sunday Morning - Maroon 5
The Scientist - Coldplay
My Life Would Suck Without You - Kelly Clarkston
Dirty Little Secret - All American Rejects
Flagpole Sitta - Harvey Danger
Long Road To Ruin - Foo Fighters
Any Way You Want It - Journey
Born To Run - Bruce Springsteen
Summer of 69 - Bryan Adams
Spiderwebs - No Doubt
Bulletproof Heart - My Chemical Romance
MakeDamnSure - Taking Back Sunday
Harder to Breathe - Maroon 5
Animal -Neon Trees
All The Small Things - Blink 182
DOA -The Foo Fighters
Meant to Live - Switchfoot
It Hurts - Angels and Airwaves
Clark Gable - The Postal Service
Change your Mind - The All American Rejects
The Way We Are - Timbaland
We Didn't Start the Fire -Billy Joel
'Till I Collaspe - Eminem
Encore/Curtain Down - Eminem
Come on Everybody - Eminem
The Party Song - Blink 182
I Miss You - Blink 182

The bold songs are the ones that I particulary remember giving me a little boost.

And now, here I sit, eating greek yogurt, with multigrain cheerios. I am so happy right now.

2 comments:

  1. CONGRATS!! That's awesome - 9 solo miles! Great job! Sounds like the 3 mile loop wad perfect for you. I love the excitement/pride in your face in the first pic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. way to go colleen! you killed it out there! keep it UP!

    ReplyDelete