Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Three beautiful miles on a beautiful night

wow, what a night! Its funny how sometimes when things don't go as originally planned, they end up so much better!

This morning I woke up in time to get my three miles in pre-work. Last night, in preparation for my morning run, I made sure to get my running clothes washed and hung to dry (yup, I hang dry my running clothes! And yes, that means I take better care of my running clothes than I do my work clothes hahahaha. Running clothes cost more... hehe). Anywho, so I hung them to dry and this morning when I put my tights on I realized they were still damp.

So I debated between hopping on the treadmill, or running after work. I didnt want to run on the treadmill. I don't like it. I am glad it is there for when I need it, but I dont like it. So I opted for the post work run.

And I am so glad I did. When I started out my run, just after 6, the sun was shining, there was a breeze and it was just gorgeous out. I had forgotten my Garmin, so I was really winging it with my pace and distance. I knew I needed three miles, so I knew that if I ran for 36 min, I was definitely going to get in the miles I needed. I ended up with 3.36, and they just felt great. I did some cramps throughout the run, but not enough to slow me down and make the run hard.

I love when stuff works out for the better :)

Here I am, relaxing at home, big smiles after my run.

Here is a great quote that came in the RW Quote of the Day on 3/1:

"I believe in the runner's high, and I believe that those who are passionate about running are the ones who experience it to the fullest degree possible. To me, the runner's high is a sensational reaction to a great run! It's an exhilarating feeling of satisfaction and achievement. It's like being on top of the world, and truthfully...there's nothing else quite like it!"
-Sasha Azevedo

I love that quote. That quote perfectly explains how I feel after (most) runs. :)

That's all for now folks. Tomorrow, seven miles are scheduled and I am excited to be running them with Erika!

No comments:

Post a Comment