Sunday, March 11, 2012

15 miles....I made it!

This morning I ran farther than I have ever run before.

And it was hard. Not that that surprised me haha.

I finished in 2:55:07, a pace of 11:40.

I am happy with my pace overall, especially considering I took two walk breaks that totaled about...3-4 minutes ish.

But like I said, overall, I am happy with my pace. But my splits were nuts and all over the place.

Check them out:
Mile 1 11:08
Mile 2 11:36
Mile 3 11:35
Mile 4 11:23
Mile 5 11:33
Mile 6 11:39
Mile 7 11:32
Mile 8 11:18
Mile 9 11:28
Mile 10 11:43
Mile 11 12:50<< water/walk break
Mile 12 11:23
Mile 13 12:01<
Mile 14 12:22
Mile 15 11:36

Mile 14 I was doing all I could to just keep going. And mile 15 I really saw that the end was in sight and I was freaking thirsty haha.

It was a truly gorgeous morning for a run. I wore my underarmour tights, short sleeve shirt, and lighter weight Nike hoodie over it. There were moments when I felt I would have been fine without the hoodie, but when I was running into the wind, I was glad I had it.

I had what is becoming pretty standard for fuel. Pre-run I had 1/2 a cinnamon raisin english muffin with 1 tablespoon of PB, and 1/2 a banana and a bit of water. This was the first run so far when I had water during my run, and I was glad I had it. I put my water bottle and 2 #9 Agave gels in my mailbox (I planned on running my five mile loop three times, and swinging past the house between the loops). I ended up drinking the whole water bottle throughout the run, and just one of the gels. I just really didnt want the second one. I may have needed it, but it just sounded not good.

When I finished the was the first run when I have came home and just straight up laid on the floor. I could not even get myself coordinated enough to stretch until I had laid there for at least three or four minutes. But eventually I managed to stretch, and get a shower, and now here I sit. Going to foam roll when I finish.

My plan for the rest of the day:
-the couch
-MSU vs. Ohio state basketball!!!!
-stuffed shells a la my mom-in-law
-selection sunday
-amazing race
-celebrity apprentice.

Sounds like a perfect Sunday to me.

GO GREEN!!

No comments:

Post a Comment