Sunday, May 13, 2012

recovery week

So, its been a week since my marathon!

I ate like a beast for 2 days, and sat on my butt. It was great.

By Wednesday I was pretty much over the soreness, and was really excited that Mr. Higdon (Hal Higdon :) ) said I could run again starting Thursday. I did 2 miles, nice and easy, avg pace of 11:24. It just felt so good to be outside enjoying the morning.

Friday - rested

Saturday morning I headed out for 2 miles again, still nice and easy (11:39 pace).

Today I did 5 miles, a little faster than I intended. First four miles were neg splits, all under 11min miles, and then I did a cool down for the last mile in 11:53.

As you saw yesterday I posted my race schedule for the coming summer/fall. I wrote up a plan to take me through the summer, but I am not sure if I will really stick with it. I looked at Hal's plan for a 10k (I want to PR the heck out of the race at the end of June) and it is a lot of running for a 10k! I am used to running about 4 days a week, and his plan called for 5 or 6 days of running. Not sure I will follow it by the book, but I will start doing speed work in a few weeks and follow his plan loosely.

I will be sticking to his post marathon plan completely though. I dont want to mess up and start too much too fast, and I figure he got me this far, so I shall follow him. Its a three or four week schedule that helps you slowly build the miles back up.

Alright thats all I have for now really!

Happy Mothers day to all the amazing mom's out there!!!

I saw this quote earlier today and it made me think so much of my mom:

If you have a mom, there is nowhere you are likely to go where a prayer has not already been. ~Robert Brault

I dont see her as much as I would like to, but I know she is always thinking of my sisters and I. I talked to her numerous times during my marathon last weekend, and it was just so comforting each time. She also sent me funny pictures of her dog's throughout the race and it just made me smile <3

No comments:

Post a Comment