Sunday, June 24, 2012

A Chicago weekend :-D

Wow, where to start? There will be a million pictures, and some words to fill in between. This weekend we headed to Chicago. One of Shane's friends was tying the knot, and Shane was asked to stand up in the wedding.
Friday went like this:
- Arrive around 1pm, pick up tux.
-Meet up with Shane's friend Volk, and have some lunch
-Rush to hotel to get checked in, and for the guys to get dressed and over to rehearsal. We stayed at the Sofitel. It was a BEAUTIFUL hotel with amazing service and a sweet location.
-While they were rehearsing, Barry and I (Barry was also invited to the wedding so he rode down with us) went down to MI ave (less than a 1/4 mile from our hotel, got some Starbucks and just hung out.
-7pm, I met up with Shane and the whole wedding party for the rehearsal dinner at Chicago Q. Dinner was amazing.
The menu: yummy salad, bacon hush puppies, Beef brisket, pulled chicken, honey butter corn bread, mashed potatoes, asparagus, and cookies for dinner.

This was an oatmeal cookie with candied bacon. yesssss

My drink of choice for the evening was a new beer that I fell in love with.
I asked the server for a suggestion of a wheat ale, and he said I should try Grey Lady Ale. And I loved it. LOVE LOVE LOVE. I will be looking for it in MI.

After the dinner we went to a bar called Sully's and just hung out with the wedding party of lots of friends of the bride and groom. I didn't know many people, and I am bad at talking to people I don't know and introducing myself, etc, so I stuck by Shane's side all night :-D

Saturday morning I woke up at 7:35 and decide I should get my butt to the lake before it got any hotter. It was a BEAUTIFUL morning, and I ran 4.5 miles along the shores of Lake Michigan. It was less than a half mile walk to the path and it was fabulous.


I ran the 4.5 miles in like, 45 min 46 seconds. A great pace for me. It was a truly awesome run. So many people on the trail, and I ran along, passing the occasional person (lots of walkers and only about 4 runners haha ;-) ).

Post run, I met up with a few Chicago friends for breakfast. I saw Joe, and met his gf Laurie. They are having a baby girl is less than a month, and I cannot wait to meet her!!! I wish I had taken pictures during breakfast, but I didnt. Joe and Laurie are both from Detroit originally (Joe is from the city, like I am, and Laurie is from right outside the city) so I had to get them a little something for Riley Rose :-D

After breakfast Amir and I wandered around downtown until it was time for me to get ready for the wedding. We sat outside of the hotel while I painted my nails, and saw the wedding party come out to take pictures :-D


Shane and Volk, lookin sharp!

Barry and I headed over to the wedding around 5, and it was a truly beautiful ceremony! Also short and sweet, which is always nice. The ceremony was in Washington Square Park.
Freck's mom read a poem she wrote :-D

You may kiss the bride!!

And from there, we headed to the Newberry Library for the reception.




It was a great night, filled with amazing food, tasty cupcakes, and lots of dancing and just all around good times. The hall was beautiful, and the service was impeccable.

The night was rounded off by heading back to the hotel and me basically falling asleep while still in my dress. Shane woke me up to make sure I changed clothes haha, but yea, I was tired.

This morning the wedding party went to a very tasty brunch to say goodbye to the happy couple. They are heading to Europe on Wednesday for a three week tour!!!!

Small highlight of breakfast:

Tiny ketchup and hot sauce that they had at the brunch!!

We left Chicago after brunch and got home a little before five. I ran my mile to keep the streak alive, and then we headed to Shane's parents for dinner.

It was a great weekend but it was always nice to come home and see this guy:



I am beyond excited for Megan and Adam. It was a truly beautiful day, and they will have more fun together than they ever realized they could. Congrats you guys :-D


No comments:

Post a Comment