Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Finally committed

I am blogging from my phone, so bear w me here.

I finally signed up for a half marathon! I will be running the Kalamazoo Half Marathon on May 5th :-). Kzoo was my first (and only so far) marathon last year, and I am excited to return to the scene of the crime ;-). I will be using Hal Higdons novice two plan for my training, except a slightly shortened version.

Besides that, I wanted to share a blog post I read today that I really loved and identified with.

http://www.shutupandrun.net/2013/02/why-those-who-start-running-dont-stop.html?m=1

If you don't follow Beth at Shut Up and Run, you should. Check out that post. I started running to loose weight and because my friends were. Yup, because the cool kids were haha. And I have kept running bc it is an escape and a time to zone out, to let the stress melt away and to know that when I am done, I will feel good about myself and feel like I accomplished something. I am glad to be back in the game and running a half in a few months.

That's all for now folks. Have a great week!
Ps: I have a big interview at work tomorrow, so wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. Kazoo is on my list some day. Problem is it falls on the weekend of my non-runner wife. Lol. Good luck tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete