Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Super Bowl 5k, and I NEED a goal.

On Sunday I ran the Super Bowl 5k in Okemos. This was a simple course through a neighborhood, and it was a lovely (CHIILLY!) day for a run. I ran with a co-worker, Jon, who helped pace me to my 5k PR back in October. On Sunday, Jon ran what I think were his first miles of the year, and I huffed and puffed along side him. This run was definitely harder than I wanted, and the only excuse I will make is that there was snow on a lot of the route, and that made it that much harder! I finished in 31:38. Not my best but not my worse.

This Sunday I am running another 5k, The Heart Throb 5k. There will be 90 people from my job running or walking this race! How awesome is that?! We are a company of somewhere above 400, but less than 500 ppl (cannot remember the specifics), and so that means almost 1 out of 4, or 1 out of 5 of us is running! HOW COOL! (I love my job and the company I work for more than I can really explain :-D ). I hope to do better than last week's run. The snow should be gone (hopefully) because we are looking at temps in the high 30s. 

So, besides that, I need a goal. I need to get moving. Maybe a goal is not the right word, but I need a plan. 

So here is what I am proposing for the next week and a half:
Thursday: run 2 miles, 10 min abs and 10 min arms
Friday: workout video (its a 10 min video but man, I was huffin and puffin by the end!)
Saturday: abs and arms
Sunday: 5k
Monday: abs and arms
Tuesday: run 2 miles (more if I have the day off. If I have the day off, I will go for 4!)
Wednesday: work out video, abs and arms 
Thursday: run 3 miles
Friday: rest
Saturday: arms and abs
Sunday: 4 miles

Sound like a plan? Alright, now I just need to plug that into my phone and STICK TO IT!

No comments:

Post a Comment