Tuesday, August 17, 2010

morning run...

I went to bed last night w/ the full intention of running 3 miles this morning (running/walking). After my first mile I was feeling good but I could tell that I was starting to get...tired haha. As I was finishing my 2nd mile my tummy started to feel funny...a bit gassy and I knew at that point 3 miles was not going to happen. I fully planned on walking the rest of the way but I really didnt want to, so I turned to the one song that I know can make my run my ass of haha. The song is called "I Found A Way" By Alkaline Trio. Everything about this song motivates me. The lyrics, the beat, everything.
Here is a link to the song on you tube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zOUJ5Bf1fQo

I dont know what effect it will have for anyone else, but for me...it is the song I turn to! And so I finished up really strong, running way faster than I normally do and farther than I typically will go also. Very cool :) Just listening to it now almost makes me want to get back out there!!!

So besides running, the other focus in my quest to be more healthy is weight watchers. I had a shitty week last week, and I knew I would. I didnt track at all. This week has been better. Not 100% but I have realized I can't be 100% or I will go crazy for 2 weeks after haha. I am expecting a loss at the scale though this week. Not sure how big or how small but I think it will show up. I am so close to loosing 30 pounds it is insane...it is driving me crazy. My goal was to be at 165 by labor day...I know I can still reach that goal but I need to be dedicated. I need to keep myself motivated. If I reach that goal I would have lost 32 pounds since the end of January which is pretty cool. Another cool part about that is I am loosing weight the healthy way. I can safely say that this is not a yoyo weight loss for me. I know this is permanent. And I know that bc of the Weight Watchers program. Anyone who is looking to loose weight, do it w/ Weight Watchers. They are the best!

Last thing that is really going on in my life is I applied for a new position at work. The Contact Center was getting...stressful. I feel like we are understaffed and overworked. And when you are on the phone w/ people it is amazing how mean they can be...and I am convinced that face to face a member would never make me cry haha (although who knows, I could be totally wrong). So! I applied for an Loan Officer position in one of our branches. My interview is Friday. The best thing is if I don't get it, it is ok. I will keep doing what I am currently doing and it will be fine. I seriously love the company I work for bc they encourage their employees to go for what they want, ya know?

Other than those 3 things, I am just livin life :) Shane and I are approaching our 1 year anniversary and I can't wait. We are going to St Ignace for the weekend. St Ignace is one of my favorite places in the whole world so I can't wait to go back there. The summer before my senior year of college I spent the whole summer there, and everytime Shane came to visit we had some really good times, so it will be fun to return.

Okay, gotta put away laundry and take a shower before work.

See ya :)

No comments:

Post a Comment