Monday, March 21, 2011

Spaghetti Bake...yum!

So, I will start by saying I wish I had a picture of this recipe to show you.

I made a very tasty/point friendly spaghetti bake yesterday.

It consisted of:
4 ounces whole wheat spaghetti, 10 points
1 cup jarred spaghetti sauce, 2 pts
1/2 cup skim mozzarella cheese, 4 pts
a little Parmesan cheese, 1 pt
1/2 bag of frozen broccoli

Combine cooked spaghetti, sauce, 1/4 cup cheese, and broccoli. P0ur into baking dish, cover with remaining cheese, and bake for 20 min at 350 degrees.

Makes 3 servings, 6 pts each :)

Today was a great food day for me. I am going to concentrate pretty hard on sticking to my points the next three days because I know I won't be running much. Sunday I woke up and could barely move my knee without it killing me. Today it is way better but still sore. My hips are sore too. I think the switch from treadmill to concrete was pretty rough on my joints, so I am taking it easy for a few days.

Anywho, back to today's eats.
Breakfast:
1 cup corn chex, 3 points
WW Vanilla Yogurt, 2 pts

Lunch:
Jimmy John's Turkey Tom, no mayo, 8 pts
giant pickle, 0 pts
strawberries, 0 pts
cherry tomatoes, 0 pts
5 round corn tortilla chips, 2 pts

Dinner:
1/2 serving of spaghetti bake, 3 pts
Frozen Gorden's fish fillet, 2 pts
Green beans, 0 points

Snacks:
1 slice low fat cheese, 1 pt
1 wedge laughing cow cheese, 1 pt
1 servings of pretzel sticks, 3 pts
skinny cow ice cream, 4 pts

Point total for the day: 29, which is what I am supposed to eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment