Thursday, September 1, 2011

three miles and chicken salad...

Today was my late day to head into work, and I have known all week that I absolutely HAD to get in a run today.

I planned on sleeping until 7:30, but Hercules had other ideas. I ended up getting up around 715, and putzing aroud the house for a bit. I chatted with my sister as I got ready to head out on my run, and I decided I would go garminless, and ipodless.

I did the first part of my run while still on the phone with Pam (gotta love speaker), but she had to go sometime in the first mile. I kept trucking, and finished out three miles.

I have no idea on pace, and I am okay with that. I left the house not really knowing how far I would go, but my feet took me down that familiar three mile out and back course and I knew that was what was in store for me today.

I am glad I got that run in, as always. I am starting to freak out a little bit about the CCRR that is in SEVENTEEN days. One good thing though, is that I will be on vacation for the majority of that time (10 of those days). I am hoping that after working these 13 days straight, being on vacation will help me find my running mojo again.

On to another note..

Well folks...I have reached a new all time low. In my weight that is ;-). Somehow these last two weeks I have managed to loose weight, and I have ABSOLUTELY NO IDEA HOW. But I hated the stress that came with those two weeks. I knew I was not eating well, and I am not willing to try and wing it for another week. Time to get back on the healthy eating train.

Last night I made a tasty southwestern type chicken salad.

It contained:
6 ounces of chicken breast
3/4 cup black beans (canned)
1/2 cup of frozen corn
1/4 of a large onion
1 red bell pepper
salsa
S&P

I baked the chicken, sauteed the onion and corn, and threw it all in the bowl, and wa-la! It is tasty, and only 3 points for a cup (and I made four cups)

Well thats all for now folks. I am off the foam roll, and stretch.

See ya

No comments:

Post a Comment