Sunday, January 29, 2012

9 miles...DONE!

This morning I had 9 miles on the schedule, and to be honest, I was nervous about it. This would mark my longest run since the Detroit 1/2 Marathon in OCTOBER.

But I set out around 8am and figured I would see how it went.

The run started out great, and it was a beautiful first couple of miles.




Somewhere around mile 3-4ish, it started to snow lightly, and was not enough to really annoy me. I was doing large loops around and through my neighborhood and was just cruising along. There was very little traffic out, and it was just me, the road and my tunes (Foo Fighters for most of the run :) )



Around mile 5ish, I had a gel. It was one of those Chocolate 9 Agave gels and I was truly amazed by how much it tasted exactly like Hershey Syrup.


Even the texture seemed right on. I won a bunch of these in a giveaway from Gourmet Runner awhile ago and this was my first time using one. And I didnt experience any cramping or tummy trouble from it, so that was awesome.


And as the miles kept ticking off, I just kept on cruising. Mile 7 was the toughest/slowest mile of the day but after that I got a nice little energy surge (who knows if it was from the gel or from me knowing I was almost done) and I finished up.



Here are my splits:


Mile 1 11:38


Mile 2 11:51


Mile 3 11:46


Mile 4 11:55


Mile 5 11:42


Mile 6 11:46


Mile 7 12:01


Mile 8 11:51


Mile 9 11:38


Post run I was just ecstatic with how it went. I kept the pace I was hoping to keep because I now really know this is my pace for long runs. This is what I can maintain over many many miles :)


I drank some milk right when I got home (my new refuel. I dont drink chocolate because it is too many WW points, even the low fat haha), and changed out of my sweat soaked clothes because I almost immediately got really chilled from the dampness. I stretched, and took a long hot shower, followed by breakfast:) Shane and I had egg and cheese sandwiches on bagel thins, and I had 2 clementines to finish up.


And now here I sit. I went to the store for a few things, and the afternoon will be filled with a nap, and not much else.


woohooo for being done with my run and ready to relax.


Have a great week everyone!

3 comments:

  1. SF Chocolate Milk from Meijer is only 3 points I believe :) I love it!

    ~ Erin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! I LOVE the confidence beaming from your post. Great job!

    ReplyDelete