Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Should I??

Umm I may be a little nuts, but I think I am going to run a spring marathon instead of a fall.

I picked the marathon I did originally because it was small, close to home and inexpensive. But I am realizing this race will have little to no crowd support.

And I think I will need it.

other downsides: training inthe summer. Last year training for my first half, I really struggled through July and August.

My sister is getting married the weekend after that full, and it would be nice to be able to walk at her wedding ;)

Benefits of a spring race? I could run the Borgress Run for the Health Of It full marathon in Kalamazoo. It's not far ( about an hour and a half) and it is relatively inexpensive. We could stay in a hotel the night before for not too much ($100 a night aprox) or drive in in the morning. Erika is running at least the half, so I would have runner support in the area...

Downside? I should have started training like, two weeks ago. But I looked at Hal's novice plan and I can jump in at week three...
Another positive: I can get it DONE!!! And for lack of a better way of saying it, I could just get it over with.

So what to do? I don't know. But I better decide like, now. Any advice!?

Edit: I decided I will start training for the full. Prices go up march 31 so I will decide by then. I am excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment