Thursday, June 7, 2012

Its been a few days, so I figured I should mosey on to the blog and write a post about something, perhaps running? hehe

The Runners World Summer Run Streak is still alive and well here. My 6 miler this weekend was fun one. In my last post I mentioned that I want to try and break 1:05 in a 10k that I am running on June 30th. I wanted to give it a shot and see how close I could get, so on Sunday I headed to the Falling Waters Trail and did a 10k. I finished in 1:05:35. I know I can get it, so I will! The thing that has me a little worried is by June 30th I would have ran more than 30 days in a row, so I am just hoping my legs will still have it in them!

The 4 miler I ran this morning was awesome, but challenging. My Aunt and Uncle, and 2 cousins are staying with us for a few days and my Aunt is a runner, and so we knew we had to get a couple runs in. We did four miles in 40:51! Man, I am almost positive that is my fastest four miler ever. Splits were 10:29, 10:10, 10:12 and 9:57! Runs like that do give me the confidence that I can break 30 in a 5k, and who knows what after that!


Not too much else is goin on around here. It has been a truly beautiful week in MI, and this weekend is supposed to be AMAZING.
PERFECT POOL WEATHER! Saturday morning Connie and I will be rollin to Clinton, MI to watch the highschool  regionals. Her best friend coaches one of the teams, and we will be keepin our fingers crossed for a victory! Then Sunday, I am thinking it will be time to lay by the pool, and then lay by the pool some more.

Well, thats all for now folks. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment